Friday, August 24, 2007

Computers - A Tale and MiscellaneousThoughts

After nearly seven years, I finally bought a new computer. I had a company build it for me. For the most part, I am happy with it, but the smaller part can drive you crazy.

When I returned from vacation in July, I found my password had expired. I did not have a password, but it had expired. Vista asked me to change it. I tried to change it. Vista would not let me change it. Vista said it could not connect to my domain controller. I did not have a domain controller. This is a standalone installation.

After much pushing, shoving, and head pounding, I re-installed Vista. Before the re-install I used the maintenance connection to back up my data. Well, I thought I had backed up my data, but I cannot find the DVD with all my photos.

I have now recovered to April 13 of this year. I think I will be able to recover up to June 1. Only time will tell. I tried to copy the photos from my old PC. I must have broken the heart of my old PC when I bought the new one. The old one will not load Windows. It crashes to boot up.

That is enough about this problem. I am ready to move on to bigger and better problems. See you later. As my college roommate would always say, "Thanks for stopping."

No comments: